Contact Information

Lexi Baldisseri | alexis.baldisseri@gmail.com | 408.439.4267

Friday, June 4, 2010

Twice Is Just As Nice

Nimisha and I found eachother on this fancy schmancy site, MiNeeds. You post what cha need, find people who can give it to ya. I was able to scan the site looking for brides-to-be seeking a stylist and found that Nimisha needed me not just for one occasion--but for two! In the same day!

She and her husband to be, Samit, were planning a traditional Indian ceremony and a western-style reception. I was thrilled when I had learned this as I'm slightly fanatic about Indian culture--I desperately want to have a sliver of culture and the color, vibrancy, warmth of the Indian culture is unparalleled. Nimisha let me in at our trial run that we were doing hair for both the ceremony (under her head scarf and adorned with jewelery) and then a western style for her reception (think: vintage hollywood glam).

And, we were doing Mom and Cousin too. Let's say I hydrated for the 48 hours ahead of time, and brought a truckload of bobby pins.

First, for her Indian ceremony I did a very sturdy, traditional up do. Because of her face shape, we decided against a part, and softly brought it back away from her face. I actually convinced her to let me put in some "fake hair" to give the bun and curls a thicker, fuller feel, and hold the sheer weight of the head pieces. This was just the pic I snapped with my iPhone, but you get the idea:

Then we added the jewelry, all held in her hair with small bobby pins and clipped to various places on her face (nose, ears). The actual scarf weighed probably a good 8 pounds, and was held in place by some serious heavy duty monster truck bobby pins. Simply stunning, was the result:




After the ceremony, I met her at her hotel, and we took the entire piece down. Using the curls already in place from the morning, I created a low, chic bun at the nape of her neck and attached a bird cage veil on top that she had actually made her self (little miss crafty, huh?). Unfortunately, because of the rush of the evening, I didn't snap a picture of the second style.

Crossing my fingers I get to do another wedding like this again. Thank you Nimisha and family for letting me participate in their incredible day!

1 comment:

  1. You should email her to see if the wedding photogs got some shots for you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete