Contact Information

Lexi Baldisseri | alexis.baldisseri@gmail.com | 408.439.4267

Friday, June 4, 2010

Mary Elizabeth

Location: Bahamas, Cat Cay Island
Luggage: 3 total, 2 for hair and make up, 1 for bathing suits
Perpetual State for the week: a hot sweaty mess.

My dear friend Mary wed handsome Niall a few years ago, before I had started this blog. There was no way I could not feature this. It was the first time someone had trusted me with their complete styling: hair and make up for an entire bridal party, including myself. 

I prepped mostly by hyperventilating. That and researching some bad-ass new styling tools. I bought this beaute: Clipless Barrel Curling Iron. It came complete with a glove (so MJ) to protect against burns, and I was able to manipulate Mary's hair into gorgeous, natural waves:

 
How cute is Mary? I mean, really. The smaller flowers in her hair I actually purchased while still in Miami. I toted them on the flight with me, smashed under a very teeny tiny seat, into a even tinier fridge, to emerge a few days later still pretty much in tact! Also note: Mary is a "bangs" connossoir. We had a very successful bang job (err, I mean...) and she was thrilled with the results.
Of course, it wasn't done with Mare-Bear. I ended up styling the whole group of us, sans the bridesman, Ryan. He was handsome enough already, that little devil. There's me with my looooong and very brown hair. From the left it's Megs, me, RyRy, Mary, Katie and Andrea aka Campby:

Here's me, spray spray spraying away....god help us in this humidty.


And let's give a huge shout out to Miss Cheyenne Shultz and her hubby, Geoff, who tag-team photographed this wedding. Special shout out to Chey for facing her fear of flying to do so :)  Note: I'm a total Shultz Photography lurker. Cheyenne's entrepreneur spirit and zest for life is to be admired. Love her...now you will too: The Shultzes Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment