Contact Information

Lexi Baldisseri | alexis.baldisseri@gmail.com | 408.439.4267

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Scrumptious.

The divine Brigitte Bardot. 



I create beauty through styling hair--the trans-formative process, the instant gratification of taking a person from one point to another in a short period of time through changing their hair. At some point over the past few years, I've noticed a gradual shift from being simply interested in hair, to wanting to understand this process. I'm a student to only myself and have taught myself through trial and error and exploration.

I'm exceedingly proud of these photos. The technical aspect of this shoot was a lot more challenging than I had anticipated, but I listened to my gut, made suggestions for styling, and worked collaboratively with the photographer to achieve the looks she was also envisioning. A photo shoot is different than any other styling situation as you're working with another person to create beauty--you must both agree that this is the message, the image, you are conveying to your audience. You're telling a story, and you want to make sure it's the story you had set out to tell. 

There were a total of 5 styles, 2 photographers, 2.5 models (there were also two adorable little girls at the shoot in pretty little things), a make up artist and myself. Photos were taken in San Anselmo, CA on one of the loveliest days of the summer.. Below are some of the photos for your enjoyment. 

Ms. Bardot, circa 2010.


Precious.
"I don't know, I just wake up and look like this"

I love this. Love.
succulent. 

had to sneak one in of me in action. 
More pictures to come. Stay tuned, lovelies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment